- Applying for graduate schemes: the key points that will give you the best chance of succeeding
- How Long Should a CV Be?
- The STAR Technique
- Free CV Example
- A Skiing Lesson for Job Seekers Afraid of Change
- How to Answer Competency Based Interview Questions
- Can Money Buy You Love?
- How Many Pages Should My CV Be?
- Inside Advice on How to Write a great CV / Resume Part 4 of 4
- Is now a good time to change your job?
- Do you have the power, or is it lights out time? Free online game. Play now just for fun.
- Are two heads really better than one?
- Careers for Mechanical Engineers
- Make the most from your qualifications and skills Part 3 of 4
- Back to the Future
- To Be or Not To Be….Recommended on Linked In. That is the question.
- How to use Linked In to find a new job
- Webcasts and Webinars vs Face to Face
- How to use social media to get a job
- Do you know the secrets of how to write a winning CV? Part 2 of 4
- Looking for a new job? The first in the series of Giraffe Recruitment careers help and advice. Part 1 of 4
- Should I include my armed forces / military service details on my CV?
I’ve just returned from a skiing holiday in Austria, and thought that the experience held some interesting parallels with career change decision making which prompted this article. Most of my days were spent on the sun drenched snowy slopes with a general feeling of being able to get by on my skis. Oakley goggles, Solomon helmet, Animal ski jacket and salopettes, and lashings of thermal underwear, I was pretty much the embodiment of the saying “all ...
Can Money Buy You Love? I was recently posed this question, which brought to mind all sorts of obvious connotations, which I’ll try to avoid in my response. I pondered the ethical and potentially sordid implications of such a question for a nanosecond and then I got a grip of my rambling thought processes. Now, I could be wrong, and perhaps the questioner was simply asking if they should enlist the services of an escort agency, however ...
Working in recruitment I read applications from candidates looking for a new job all day long. I am often asked the question “is it a good time to change my job?” and “how likely is it that I could have a change of direction in my career?” The answer to both questions is far from straightforward and is dependent on many factors. In my work I notice the trends in availability of both ...
Should I use reverse date (chronological) order on my CV? I have been asked the question many times “Which order should I put qualifications and work experience on a CV. My advice is always to use reverse date order, or reverse chronological order as it is sometimes known, there are good reasons why this will make your CV better reading which I will explain in this article. Imagine that 15 or even 25 years ago you ...
With the rise of social media networking sites such as Linked In, Twitter, Facebook, Bebo, Namz you may be interested to know how these sites might help you to find a job. In this article I will specifically take you through the key points that I believe will help you to find a new job using Linked In from a recruiters point of view. Here are my 10 top tips for using Linked In to get ...